have you ever wondered the meaning of your own name?
I did. and that's what I'm going to share here with you guys. :)
so you already know... my name is Therry Loretta.
THERRY. LORETTA. what are they?
last night, I went to search the meaning of it.
I got so many results... but among all these, I picked this one
taken from www.meaning-of-names.com
so here it is:
THERRY (original name: Terri/Terry)
- Terri: abbreviation for Teresa; means harvester or reaper (in Greek)
- Terry: abbreviation for Thierry; means powerful, ruler of the people (in old Germanic)
LORETTA
- english: the laurel @ sweet bay tree, symbolizing honor & victory
- Italian: variant of Laura; laurel or bay. also refers to the name of the town Loreto, where the holy house of Virgin Mary was reputed to have been moved to during the 13th century.
- Latin-American: crowned with laurel
- Spanish: PURE
so here, I can conclude that the real meanings of THERRY LORETTA is:
- a harvester/reaper, ruler of the people, pure, honor & victory.
... you know what? I thank God that He inspired my parents to give this name to me - without them realizing the meanings behind these names. guess the way I am now was built up with the help of these names. who knows? ;)
so how about yours?
go check them out, the result may surprise you. :D



0 said something about this ...:
Post a Comment